Welcome to this week’s KidCity Online Experience! Check out all the resources you’ll need to have a great KidCity experience right where you are! The teaching video, conversation guides, worship songs, and activities for the week are all right here.
We’d also love to be friends with you on Facebook so we can stay “in the know” with each other. Follow us at facebook.com/hopekidcity/ If you have a question about anything or just want to reach out directly, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Use This Page:
- Watch the Online Experience video with your child.
- Use the Discussion Guide immediately following the video to unpack the lesson with your kiddos!
- Use the GodTime pages to generate more activities and discussion.
For kids (Online Experience Video)
Trouble getting the video to load? Try this link – CLICK HERE
Special Needs Ministry Modified Elementary Curriculum:
Life App: Initiative—Seeing what needs to be done and doing it.
Bible Story: Ain’t No Stopping Us Now (Nehemiah and Sanballat) • Nehemiah 2:19-20, 4, 6
Bottom Line: Stay focused on what needs to be done.
Basic Truth: I am loved by God no matter what so I can trust God to guide me.
Memory Verse: Work at everything you do with all your heart. Work as if you were working for the Lord. Colossians 3:23a (NIrV)
Ask the following questions and discuss:
- Give examples of ways you might get distracted when doing the following activities:
- Listening in class
- Reading a homework assignment
- Telling someone about Jesus
- Cleaning your room
- Memorizing a Bible verse
- Stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new
- Helping someone in your family
- What are some signals you can watch for that help you know when you are being distracted?
- If you know that you will be easily distracted by something, what can you do to remind yourself to stay focused?
Sermon Notes discussion guide (for kids who watch the adult service, too!)