What We’re Learning: Jesus Said What?!
Jesus said truly amazing things, but sometimes Jesus said some really surprising things. Jesus shocked everyone when he forgave a guilty woman. Jesus confused Nicodemus when he talked about needing to be reborn to be right with God. And did Jesus really say we should be prepared for persecution? We are going to explore each of these conversation Jesus had in the Book of John and how we can apply them to our lives.
How do I lead my student through this lesson at home?
MSM goes live Sundays at 11:15am on our HopeMSM YouTube Account. Grab a Bible, watch the video together while it’s live or after, and go through the below discussion guide anytime you like.
Week 1: Sept 12, 2021
- MAIN POINT: Jesus shows mercy and grace to the guilty, and so should we.
- MAIN SCRIPTURE: John 8:1-11 NLT (Jesus + An Adulterous Woman)
- SECONDARY SCRIPTURE: Ephesians 2:8-10 NLT
- JESUS CONNECTION: When we believe in our hearts and admit boldly in front of others or faith in Jesus, our sins are forgiven (mercy) and we receive eternal salvation (grace).
- Gospel Response Week
- Wk 1 Small Group Leader Guide – Jesus