MSM TEACHING SERIES: AWKWARD
Teaching Topic: Dating + Sexual Integrity
A main priority of our ministry is partnering with awesome teen parents (aka YOU) as you
raise your awesome teenagers. This Dating + Sexual Integrity Parent Packet is one way we seek to partner with you: we recommend you read it, pray, and prepare now for leading your students in
healthy, Biblical conversations at home. Remember, it’s not just a one time talk; the goal
is to have ongoing conversations where your students can ask you questions and be open
with you as they navigate and grow in their ever-changing world.
Week 1: FEBRUARY 6, 2022
- MAIN POINT: What we do with our desires matters.
- MAIN SCRIPTURE: Romans 12: 1-2 NIV
- Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
- SECONDARY POINTS:
- Our sexual attractions and desires are a part of how God designed us.
- TRUTH: God created and designed sex to be enjoyed by 1 man and 1 woman committed to each other in marriage. (Genesis 2:24 NIV)
- GRACE: God loves all of us and this is a safe place for us to discover who God created us to be.
- Sexual integrity means choosing to respond to sexual attractions, feelings, thoughts and desires in a way that respects God, others, and ourselves.