Welcome to our Young Adults! Great news- We have a live, online worship experience designed just for you. Join us Sunday morning at 11:15 via Zoom. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected.
Parents- This week we encourage you to:
- Help your Young Adult connect with us LIVE, Sunday at 11:15.
- Use the discussion questions and GodTime pages, below, to continue the conversation at home throughout the week.
Life App: Cooperation—Working together to do more than you can do alone
Bible Story: Do Something (Jesus Heals a Man Who Could Not Walk / Four Friends) • Luke 5:17-26
Key Question: Who do you work well with?
Bottom Line: Work together to help someone in need.
Memory Verse: Two people are better than one. They can help each other in everything they do. Ecclesiastes 4:9 (NIrV)
Ask the following questions and lead the group to discuss:
- Why is it important to work together to help someone in need?
- How does working together help others know Jesus?
- It is easy to miss opportunities to work together to help someone in need. What can help us recognize when someone needs help?
- Sometimes we see someone in need but we don’t know what our part is to help them.
- For example:
- Your friend needs help with their soccer game but you don’t play soccer. What can you do to work with others to help your friend?
- Or your class is putting on a talent show to raise money to help a family in your neighborhood, but you don’t like to perform in front of people. What can you do to work with others on the talent show?
- (Help kids understand that there are many parts to play when people work together to help someone. Just like in our story today, people had all kinds of ways they helped the man walk—someone showed hospitality and opened their house to Jesus, the friends carried the man to Jesus, Jesus healed the man.)
We encourage you to take some time to pray together as a family.