HSM TEACHING SERIES: The Book of Exodus
If you were to open your Bible and start a “Bible in a Year Reading Plan” you’d probably do pretty well until you reach the book of Exodus… Let’s be honest, there’s some weird stuff in there. You go from getting a ton of narrative to getting chapter after chapter of long, drawn out lists of rules that don’t make any sense and details about something called a Tabernacle. What does this have to do with us? Why did God feel the need to put this in the Bible? Does it even matter? By answering these questions, we will also model for students and give them the tools needed to learn what to do with difficult parts of the Bible and how to realize that it is all useful in shaping us to become the people that God wants us to be.
Week 1: April 24 + 27
- Main Point: The Bible isn’t just a book we read, it’s the Word of God that transforms our lives.
- Main Scripture: Exodus 3:7-10
- Cross Connection: In Exodus, God sees the Israelites being held down by the power of the Egyptians and sends Moses to set them free. In the same way, God sees us held down by the power of sin so He sent Jesus to set us free.
- HSM Book of Exodus – SGL GUIDE Wk 1
- HSM Exodus Reading Plan (do this as a family!)