Welcome to this week’s KidCity Online Experience! Check out all the resources you’ll need to have a great KidCity experience right where you are! The teaching video, conversation guides, worship songs, and activities for the week are all right here.
- Online Experience Video for you and your student to watch together
- Discussion Questions for you & your student
- Pre-Teen Guide for your student to go a little deeper on his/her own
- Salvation Conversation Guide for one of the most important conversations you’ll ever have
We’d also love to be friends with you on Facebook so we can stay “in the know” with each other. Follow us at facebook.com/hopekidcity/
Got a question? E-mail us at email@example.com
Online Experience Video
Access this week’s video – CLICK HERE
Special Needs Ministry Modified Elementary Curriculum:
You can access the full modified curriculum here.
Monthly Virtue: Knowledge—Learning something new so you can be better at whatever you do.
Bible Story: Help Me (John the Baptist in Prison) • Matthew 11:1-6 (James 1:5)
Key Question: What questions do you have?
Bottom Line: If you don’t understand something, ask.
Basic Truth: I am loved by God no matter what so I can trust God to guide me
Memory Verse: The Lord gives wisdom. Knowledge and understanding come from his mouth. Proverbs 2:6 (NIrV)
Ask the following questions and lead the group to discuss:
- John knew about Jesus, yet he still had questions about Jesus. Just like John, we are always learning and growing, and thinking about Jesus in new ways. Imagine you are sitting with Jesus. What questions would you ask Him?
- Since Jesus isn’t sitting here with us, who can you ask your questions to?
- Some questions have answers we can find out, and some don’t. What do we do when we have a question that doesn’t have an easy answer or can’t be answered until we’re with God in heaven? (This is an opportunity to assure kids that some questions simply can’t be answered right now but it is important to keep asking questions, to keep searching for knowledge. Oftentimes, we learn more on the journey of asking questions than we do having answers themselves.)
- What do you know is true about God? How can knowing these truths help you when you have questions that are hard to answer?
The Pre-Teen Learner Guide is designed to provide Bible Study throughout the week for your 4th or 5th grader.
Sermon Notes discussion guide (for students who watch the adult service, too!)