What We’re Learning: Notification: Temptation Ahead
Series Topic: Moral Boundaries
During the teenage phase, what’s repeated is what’s remembered. This is why Student Ministry provides an annual series on temptation with an age-appropriate emphasis on dating, sexuality and relationships. The goal of this series is to empower students to navigate relationships, attraction and sex with a foundation in God’s Word.
We are equipping you earlier with the whole series and even some extra resources so you can see what we are teaching and even (if you choose) go over this information at home with your student. We hope these equip you for healthy, ongoing conversations within your home.
- Download Full Parent Packet
- 7 Tips for Talking About Sexuality With Your Children
- Series Overview: Notification
- We create Safe place for your student: Student Ministry Safety & Dialogue
WEEK 4: MARCH 28 ACCOUNTABILITY HELPS US OVERCOME TEMPTATIONS
- MAIN POINT: We all need accountability – every step you take is a step in the right direction.
- MAIN SCRIPTURE(S): Hebrews 4:13-16 & James 5:16
- Wk 4 Discussion Guide
How do I lead my student through this lesson at home?
MSM goes live Sundays at 11:15am on our HopeMSM YouTube Account. This will be followed by Zoom Small Groups, click here to get pre-registered for a Small Group. If your student is unable to attend a small group then grab a Bible, watch the video together while it’s live or after, and go through the below modified at-home discussion guide anytime you like.
Even more parent resources:
- The Novus Project has alot of great information and age by age guides on how to talk to your children about sex
- Pastor and author Sam Allberry was interviewed by Mike at Hope a few years ago (you can watch the message here) and we highly recommend his book: Is God Anti-Gay?
- Hope Student Ministry’s Safe Zone procedure (If and when a student states there may be potentional harm, this is how we train and equip staff and volunteers to respond.)