Welcome to this week’s KidCity Online Experience! Check out all the resources you’ll need to have a great KidCity experience right where you are! The teaching video, conversation guides, worship songs, and activities for the week are all right here.
- Online Experience Video for you and your student to watch together
- Discussion Questions for you & your student
- Pre-Teen Guide for your student to go a little deeper on his/her own
- Salvation Conversation Guide for one of the most important conversations you’ll ever have
We’d also love to be friends with you on Facebook so we can stay “in the know” with each other. Follow us at facebook.com/hopekidcity/
Got a question? E-mail us at email@example.com
Online Experience Video
Trouble getting the video to load? Try this link – CLICK HERE
Special Needs Ministry Modified Elementary Curriculum:
You can access the full modified curriculum here.
Monthly Virtue: Courage—Being brave enough to do what you should do, even when you’re afraid
Bible Story: You Make Me Brave (Joshua and Caleb) • Numbers 13–14
Key Question: What are people afraid of?
Bottom Line: You can do what you should even when others are afraid.
Basic Truth: I am made for a purpose so the Holy Spirit will help me do big things now.
Memory Verse: Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9b (NIV)
Ask the following questions :
- Today’s Bottom Line is “You can do what you should even when others are afraid.” Explain why you agree or disagree with that statement.
- Do you think we’re born with some of our fears? If not, where do fears come from?
- Is there ever a time when fear is a good thing? Explain.
- Why is it easier to be courageous in a group rather than on our own?
- Joshua had Caleb. Caleb had Joshua. It’s important to choose close friends well. What can you do to make sure you have a friend who helps you do what you should even when others are too scared to do so?
The Pre-Teen Learner Guide is designed to provide Bible Study throughout the week for your 4th or 5th grader.
Sermon Notes discussion guide (for students who watch the adult service, too!)